Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Author Interview: Heated Match by Lynne Silver


Little Blurb about yourself:

Award-winning author Lynne Silver lives the life of a suburban soccer mom, volunteering with the PTA, doing laundry and working. By night she enters the sensuous world of alpha males and passionate heroines.
She lives in an old fixer-upper with her husband and their two sons. When not writing romance, she reads it. Lots of it. Over and over and over again, preferably with a bag of M&Ms in hand. She is represented by literary agent, Jessica Alvarez of Book Ends LLC.


1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?

My mother was always after me to “do something with my writing,” but it wasn’t until I was pregnant with my second child that I sat at my desk and poured the conversations in my head onto paper. That’s what inspired me. I see stories running through my head like little movies.


2. How long did it take you to write (title of book you're promoting)?

Heated Match was the very first thing I wrote and it’s been through several iterations, starting as a futuristic sci-fi, then onto romantic suspense. It took five years, several drafts and several shelved months before I finally wrestled it into a final product.


3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?

Heated Match is unique in that I reworked it so many times, but it was my first book. I learned so much doing this one, that I manage to keep my plots pretty consistent when starting other books.


4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?
Romance section if I’m alone. If my boys are along, we’re in the kids section.


5. How many books in a month do you tend to read?
Well, the average month has 30 days, so 30 books. Give or take 10.



6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?

In romancelandia, I LOVE Judd from Nalini Singh’s Psy Changeling series. He’s so sexy and capable. I love men who are wicked smart.

7. State 5 random facts about yourself.

-I didn’t read my first romance novel until I was 20. I stole it from a sorority sister. It was Julie Garwood’s the Bride.
-I am a huge Miami Hurricane’s football fan
-I could drink Nantucket Nectar’s half lemonade/half iced tea every day forever
-I used to teach first grade but was a TERRIBLE teacher
-I have an extensive knowledge of children’s books and could easily work in a bookstore in the kid’s section. In fact the employees at the local bookstore run when they see me coming because they know they won’t have a single recommendation that I haven’t either read or can comment on. And yet I always ask. Stupid me.

8. Your favorite Genre?
Romance- and the sub genre changes based on my mood. Sometimes I read a lot of straight contemporary, sometimes regency, sometimes paranormal. I never read urban fantasy or steampunk. Can’t get into it.

9. What are you currently reading?
I always have 2 books on the go- one on my kindle and one paperback. Today it’s Betsy’s Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace (a historical YA) and Public Displays of Eroticism, an anthology by Cassandra Carr, Cristal Ryder & Jami Davenport.

10. What is the best book you've read?
Um- ever? I LOVE Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, The Princess Bride by William Golding, and any book in the Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace, though Betsy & the Great World and Emily of Deep Valley may be pulling ahead as favorites.

11. Any new projects coming up?
Always! I’m finishing up Book 3 in the Coded for Love series- Chase’s book and just started work on a series contemporary about a wild firefighter and a straight shooting PR executive. Oh, and book 2 in the Coded for Love series, Conquered Match, should be out by the end of summer.

Here’s your chance to market your book. Describe it. And why readers should pick it up?
If you’re a fan of JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood or Lora Leigh’s Breeds, you’ll like The Program, a world with hot genetically enhanced soldiers who are required to find their DNA match, usually resulting in smexy times. In Heated Match, book one of the Coded for Love series, Adam, meets his DNA match. Unfortunately for him, he has no intention of getting married, but he can’t seem to stay away from Loren. He has his reasons, which get pretty deeply emotional.

About the Author:

Award-winning author Lynne Silver lives the life of a suburban soccer mom, volunteering with the PTA, doing laundry and working. By night she enters the sensuous world of alpha males and passionate heroines. She lives in an old fixer-upper with her husband and their two sons. When not writing romance, she reads it. Lots of it. Over and over and over again, preferably with a bag of M&Ms in hand

Website: www.lynnesilver.com

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LynneSilverAuthor

Twitter: @lynnesilver

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me. I'm glad to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, couldn't pass up a chance to say hi (waves) and echo how cool this new series is and yes, what a hot world Lynne has created with The Program fellas. Love them all:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think