Little Blurb about yourself:
Cami is a wife to a daredevil husband; a mother to four future WWF Champions, an exercise scientist trying to make her corner of the world healthier; and a wanna-be saint struggling to behave like a Christian while dealing with a two-year old.
1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?
My mom. I was fighting postpartum depression after the birth of my second son and napping, a lot. My mom came over to visit, dragged me out of bed, and said, "Go write a book." (Can't you just hear her that Mother tone?) I started writing that afternoon and haven't had time for a nap since.
2. How long did it take you to write Dead Running?
Two months to write it, almost a year to revise and polish.
3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?
Too often! I write whatever comes to me through nightmares and while running or walking. Once I get the main part of the book down, I have to start revising and it is always a mess. One of these days I'm going to actually plot a book and save myself a lot of stress.
4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?
Children's section. Oh, wait, did you mean I actually went on an errand without one of my boys? Hmm. Romance, definitely.
5. How many books in a month do you tend to read?
Four adult books. A young adult with each of my older boys and hundreds of pictures books with my younger two (Unless I can weasel Dad or older brothers into reading, "Darth Maul's Revenge" for the twentieth time).
6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?
That is tough. I love heroines who are tough and funny, but I can't think of one right now. How about Jane from Shannon Hale's Austenland. She cracked me up.
7. State 5 random facts about yourself.
1. I love dark chocolate - I talked myself into giving up milk because dark was healthier and now I not only adore dark but I don't have to share my treats with anyone!
2. I teach a strength training class at the local rec and am a complete dork: I fall off my step, tell them stupid jokes, and breathe heavily into the microphone. It's amazing anyone comes to the class.
3. I dance. Horribly. Yet every morning we turn on the music and my boys let me make a fool of myself.
4. I used to play the piano really well until I chopped off three of my fingers in a lawnmower. My poor mother cried over 15 years of piano lessons wasted.
5. I think training for a marathon is the coolest experience. Your mind conquers over your body and you lose toenails. Fun, eh?
8. Your favorite Genre?
Clean romantic suspense.
9. What are you currently reading?
Line of Fire by Rachel Ann Nunes
10. What is the best book you've read?
That is another tough question. Nonfiction: The Bible and The Book of Mormon. Hard for any other book to compare to those two. Fiction: Shadow Song by Dorothy Keddington.
11. Any new projects coming up?
I'm writing another short sequel to Dead Running, picking up on Cassidy's adventures after Dying to Run.
I'm also polishing a conspiracy thriller entitled, Blog This, about a mom who blogs against violent video games and is rewarded with a hitman knocking on her door. It scares the crap out of me.
Thanks so much for having me on your blog!
Cassidy Christensen is running.
Running from the mercenaries who killed her parents.
Running from a scheming redhead intent on making her life miserable.
Running from painful memories that sabotage her dreams of happiness.
With two very tempting men competing for her attention, she hopes she'll finally have someone to run to, but can she trust either of them? When secrets from her past threaten her family, Cassidy decides to stop running and fight for her future.
Cassidy Christensen wants to run.
Captured by the traffickers who killed her mother, her only hope is Dr. Tattoo, a man she loves but nobody trusts. When she finally gets a chance to run, someone else she cares about is taken. Running might be her only chance at survival, but she won’t allow another family member to be killed in her place.
This must-read sequel to Dead Running will have you laughing, biting your nails, and hoping for more.
Author Cami Checketts
Cami Checketts is married and the proud mother of four future WWF champions. Sometimes between being a human horse, cleaning up magic potions, and reading Bernstein Bears, she gets the chance to write fiction.
Cami graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Exercise Science. Cami teaches strength training classes at her local rec and shares healthy living tips on her fitness blog: http://fitnessformom.blogspot.com.
Cami and her family live in the beautiful Cache Valley of Northern Utah. During the two months of the year it isn't snowing, she enjoys swimming, biking, running, and water-skiing.
Blog Tour Giveaway!
$25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash from Author Cami Checketts
3 Sets of iFrogz Earbuds & Armbands
Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer http://iamareadernotawriter.blogspot.com and sponsored by the author. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
a Rafflecopter giveaway