Thursday, January 7, 2016
2016 New Release Challenge
January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
The 2016 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2016. I am lucky enough to have an awesome co-host for the New Release Challenge, Lexxie at Unconventional Book Views is here to share both the fun and the burden There will be monthly update posts that you can link too, and each quarter – the end of March, end of June, end of September and in December, there will be a giveaway with the update as well.
In 2015, so far, I have read 41 books read that were released this year which is way more than I anticipated. So I needed a challenge to keep me reading those new ones to stay caught up (though I am afraid I still fell behind.) This is why I wanted a New Release Challenge, and so I joined up with Lexxie. After a while of google-fu, Lexxie found one, but it’s not exactly the way she wanted the challenge to be, however it is still inspired by Olivia at Book Comet: 2015 New Releases Reading Challenge. And her challenge might be 100% the way you want a New Release Challenge to be.
We have also created a Facebook Group for the 2016 New Release Challenge, to have a place where we can keep up with each other, cheer each other on, and get to know each other better. It is also a place where we can help each other find even more 2016 releases.
The rules for the 2016 New Release Challenge are simple:
• Books has to be released and reviewed in 2016.
• Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2015 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the first rule.
• The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
• You don’t have to have a blog to participate as Goodreads, booklikes, etc will count as long as you link your reviews.
• The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2016, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2016.
There are four levels in the New Release Challenge:
1. 1-15 books per year – New Release NewbieI'm going to try this level
2. 16-30 books per year – New Release Pro
3. 31-45 books per year – New Release Veteran
4. 45+ books per year – New Release Enthusiast
To sign up, please link your sign-up post in the linky below, and also make sure you use the quarterly linky for your reviews, as that will be the way the giveaway winner will be chosen. You can choose if you want to do monthly or quarterly challenge updates on your blog, but for this first edition, we will go with quarterly official link-ups and giveaways.
This reading challenge event is hosted by Books, Movies, Reviews, Oh My! and (un)Conventional Bookviews.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
1 Baseball Eats by Katrina Jorgensen