Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Author Interview - Blessed My Battle With Brain Disease by Mary Stevens



Describe your book in five words or less.
My book is a love story between God and me and My fantastic husband and me.

How did the ideas for your books come to you?
This book is an autobiography and I needed to let the public become aware of pituitary tumors.

What is the hardest part of writing for you? What's the easiest?
The hardest part of writing is releasing my personal feelings. The easiest? Once I began writing, everything just began to flow.

What's next for you? Are you currently working on or have plans for future projects?
I am not inclined to write another book - I just want to get info out about pituitary tumors and the importance of allowing God to be part of your life.

Why did you choose to write for specific genre?
The specific genre of the book was automatic - relating to the horrors I went through with a pituitary tumor.

What's it like hearing that readers are eagerly awaiting your book's release date?
When I first approached publishers and agents, I was surprised when they said: We will publish the book if you take God out of the book. My response: It wouldn't be my life story without God.


What was your road to publications like?
Joan West at Fireside Publications insisted that my writings include my personal feelings - which I am inclined to hide.

In Michigan I did speaking engagements at hospitals, thyroid groups and pituitary groups and I would like to coordinate the marketing of my book with similar groups in Florida to get my message across. The Pituitry Network Association (PNA) states that one out of five people will have a pituitary tumor in their lifetime, and diagnosis is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think