Monday, December 14, 2015

2016 I Love Libraries Reading Challenge




I Love Libraries was formerly hosted by Book Dragon's Lair. She's cutting back her challenge hosting for 2016 and passed the baton to me. This challenge is one of several library challenges I've done since started my blog so I'm delighted to be hosting.

It's no secret that I love my library and it's been a tremendous resource for me over the years, and not just for books. For this challenge, use your library to check out reading material - books, magazines, any sort of reading material that you are allowed to check out, physical or digital. The challenge runs January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.

The details:

Put a sign up post on your blog and link it below.
If you don't have a blog, make a dedicated goodreads shelf (or LibraryThing), make sure it's public, and link it below.
Any reading material that can be checked out of your library counts - print books, audio books, digital books, magazines, etc.
As part of your sign up post, briefly write why you like using your library - free books, internet access, a quiet place to work, whatever draws you to the library. If you don't have a blog platform, post it in the comments below.
Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, "The characters were a delight but the story was slow and confusing. It was disappointing."
There will be a post each month where you can link your reviews. Each linky will run for the calendar year.
Pick a level from the list below. You can move up as needed but you can't move down.
Books may overlap with other reading challenges.
Levels:
board book - 3
picture book - 6
early reader - 9
chapter book - 12
middle grades - 18
Young adult - 24
adult - 36
just insert IV - 50


I've been going to libraries since I was a toddler. I've had a library for as long as I can remember. Over the years, I've checked out books, videos, and music; used their computers, free internet access, and their copiers and printers. I've researched papers, job hunted, and taken classes. I haunt the used books sales of all the local libraries. The librarians at the branch I use know me by name and when they see me come in, they go right to the hold shelf to look for my requests. :D

This reading challenge event is hosted by Bea's Book Nook
​For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.



My goal is Chapter Book - 12 books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think