Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Blogging Better New Year’s Resolution Reading Challenge
January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I want to get out of my blog in the coming year. I know I’d like to continue growing, both in number of followers and follower engagement. I think I’d like to do more actually tracking my stats and seeing what’s working. I’d also like to get really good at one social media platform other than twitter and I’d like to explore the possibility of making money from my blog in a way that wouldn’t annoy anyone reading it. So, with those goals in mind, I’d like to do more reading about blogging to see what I can learn. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking about how to improve my blog in the new year, so I’d also like to invite all of you to join me for a Blogging Better reading challenge.
Like Andi of Estella’s Revenge (hosting the #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks reading challenge), I’m all about you do you kinds of challenges, so the rules you follow for this challenge will be your own. Here’s my plan:
• Read at least one book about blogging each month
• Implement at least one suggestion from each book, unless I think a book has no useful advice
• Do a post each month reporting my progress
• And… that’s it! Keeping it simple.
Here are some of the books I’d like to read:
• Don’t Fall Down the Rabbit Hole Blogger’s Playbook
• Blog Events by Amanda Shofner
• ProBlogger by Darren Rowse, creator of the blog of the same name
• The Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki
• How to Blog for Profit without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup
Books I’ve already read that might inspire your list include:
• Blog Inc
• The Rough Guide to Blogging
• The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging
This reading challenge event is hosted by DoingDewey.