Monday, July 19, 2010

What Am I Reading Monday? #10




Books I completed this week are:
*Reading a lot of children’s book – I’m going to make a challenge of the titles found in 1001 Childen’s Books to Read before I Grow Up (just need help with a button)
Because by Mikal Barishnakof
*Each Peach Pear Plum by Allan Ahlberg (1001 Children’s Books)
*Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (1001 Children’s Books)
Home: Memoir of my Early Years by Julie Andrews (Audio)


Bookmarks are still living in the middle of:
*Reading a lot of children’s book – I’m going to make a challenge of the titles found in 1001 Childen’s Books to Read before I Grow Up (just need help with a button)
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
The Mystery of the Third Lucretia by Susan Runholt
Chopstick by Sandra Byrd
Indiana Caper by Dallas Relaford
*Corduroy by Dan Freeman
*Doctor De Soto by William Steig
*Flotsam by David Wiesner
*Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
*Madlenka by Peter Sis
*Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
*Superfudge by Judy Blume (Audio)
*The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
*Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt (audio)


Reviews posted this week:
None – posted, but will be posting later this week.

Author Guest Posts/Interviews this week:
Always looking for some


Books still needing to have reviews written (as opposed to the ones that are simply awaiting posting):
Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts
Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber (Audio)
Hero At Large by Janet Evanovich
Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd(Audio)
The Year Mom Won the Pennant by Matt Christopher (my nephew likes me to read his books sometimes and then we discuss)
Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I don’t) by Barbara Bottner
Remembering When I was Young by Carole Carson
Playing for Pizza by John Grisham (audio)
Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts
Because by Mikal Barishnakof
*Each Peach Pear Plum by Allan Ahlberg (1001 Children’s Books)
*Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (1001 Children’s Books)
Home: Memoir of my Early Years by Julie Andrews (Audio)


Giveaways on the blog this week:

Blog Extravaganza Giveaways
The Christmas Pearl - Julie
Sugar Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke - Lu-Marie
The Trouble With Angels by Debbie Macomber - Stella (Ex Libris)
Holiday Blessings by Debbie Macomber, Jane Peart & Irene Hannon - donnas

3 comments:

  1. "Each Peach Pear Plum" is one of my all-time favorite kids' books. My kids read it and we happily, eagerly bought copies for the two new (well, one will be 2 next month and the other is 20 months old now!) babies when they arrived into the family.

    I'm actually getting some help with trying to break bad habits -- have some issues with weight, after being so successful 5 years ago! Very depressing. But I'm trying to go at it in a new way. Richard Fast has a free ebook on the basics of how to break a habit: "29 Days to a Habit You Want." You can download it -- it's great for understanding how you acquire your present habits -- and if you can get them, you can also create new ones. It's reminded me of how I was successful before and how I WILL be again. Willpower, by the way, isn't a factor, believe it or not. Lasting change comes from us discovering, willingly, and then choosing a new way to think and act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sue! I look forward to reading The Christmas Pearl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love your "bookmarks living in the middle." Hope you've had a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think