Friday, June 8, 2012

Author Interview (Bewitching Book Tours): Jewish Vampire by Erica Manfred





Little Blurb about yourself:


I’m a little old lady who lives in Woodstock New York who fantasizes about having an affair with a hunky Jewish vampire, or actually anyone else who happens along. I live with my Chihuahua Shadow and an active imagination about the opposite sex.


1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?

I was inspired by getting fired from a job at the New York State Division for Youth in the 1970s. They were going to hire me back but I begged them to lay me off so I could write. I spent my time on unemployment writing Get Off My Case, a Norma Katzman Murder Mystery, based on my experiences, now available on Kindle.



2. How long did it take you to write Interview With a Jewish Vampire?

It took me about a year, in fits and starts, but mostly at the encouragement of my writing group which insisted on an installment every week so they could find out what happened next.



3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?

I didn’t, except once after a book doctor told me where to fix it. I’m hopeless at plots.


3. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?

The bathroom of course. I told you I’m old.



5. How many books in a month do you tend to read?

A couple, mostly audiobooks. I LOVE audiobooks.



6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?

Mmmmmmm. Lestat, in Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice. He’s such an intriguing mix of good and evil. I love that he doesn’t seem to regret being bad. He’s not afflicted with Jewish guilt, like me.

7. State 5 random facts about yourself.

I would like to be Joan Rivers in my next life.
Failing that I’d settle for Roseanne Barr.
I’d like to have another boyfriend before I get too old to care.
I love fast cars and slow men.
My favorite person is my dog, Shadow.


8. Your favorite Genre?

Right now, fantasy, but I might get back into memoir one of these days.


9. What are you currently reading?

Shadows on the Hudson by Isaac Bashevis Singer. Look him up girls, he won a Nobel Prize. Brilliant!!!


10. What is the best book you've read?

Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice, probably, though Tale of Two Cities was pretty damned good.

11. Any new projects coming up?

I’m ghosting a book about a ghost called When the Walls Bled for a Pennsylvania former politician who battled a really nasty demon in his house and got rid of it… maybe. Really scary stuff.

Here’s your chance to market your book. Describe it. And why readers should pick it up?

One good reason, it’s really really funny. You will plotz. If you don’t know what that means too bad. You’ll pee your pants. I know you know what that means.



Where you can find author:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EricaManfred

Twitter: Don’t bother, I don’t get the tweeting thing

Book Trailer on YouTube: Wish I had one.

Goodreads: Another place I rarely visit, but I’d like to.

Website: www.ericamanfred.com (do visit this – lots of good articles)
www.jewishvampire.com

Blog: fuggetaboutit

Other: Indie Authors and Publishers on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Indie-Authors-Publishers-4180273?trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

Book Blub



Interview with a Jewish Vampire
by Erica Manfred

The last thing zaftig middle-aged journalist, Rhoda Ginsburg, expected when she signed up for JDate was to fall in love with a vampire. But when she meets drop-dead gorgeous Sheldon, a Hasidic vampire, she falls hard. She rationalizes that he may not be alive, but at least he’s Jewish.

She learns that back in the nineteenth century Sheldon was a rabbi who was turned into a vampire by Count Dracula, an anti-Semite who got his kicks from turning Orthodox Jews into vampires because then they’d have to drink blood, which isn’t kosher.

Soon after she meets Sheldon, she discovers her beloved mother, Fanny, is terminally ill, so she comes up with the crackpot idea of getting Sheldon to turn Fanny and her friends, known as “the goils,” into vampires.

Once she becomes a vampire, Fanny tires of her boring life in Century Village, Florida, and, seeking thrills, she goes clubbing and disappears into the nightlife of South Beach in Miami. When Fanny and her goil posse “go rogue” and start preying on the young, Rhoda and Sheldon must track them down to keep them from killing again.

Interview with a Jewish Vampire turns vampire lore on its head, proving that not all vampires are young and beautiful and it IS possible to be undead and kosher.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think