Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Book Tour - Release Day Blitz : Eversworn by Hailey Edwards



Little Blurb about yourself:

Born in the Deep South, Hailey is a lifelong resident of Alabama. Her husband works for the local sheriff’s department and her daughter is counting down the days until she’s old enough to audition for American Idol. Her dachshund, Black Ilex, helps Hailey write by snoozing in his recliner in her office.

Her desire to explore without leaving the comforts of home fueled her love of reading and writing. Whenever the itch for adventure strikes, Hailey can be found with her nose glued to her Kindle’s screen or squinting at her monitor as she writes her next happily-ever-after.


1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?

I was looking for a new mystery/crime novel at the library and spotted the cover for Karen Marie Moning’s Darkfever. I was in a rush and grabbed it without reading the blurb (the original cover was red/black with a lamppost or something similar). I devoured it. I went to BAM the next day and bought myself a copy as well as the sequel. After I burned through those, I began reading Karen’s backlist. That’s when I discovered paranormal romance. I never looked back. It had never occurred to me to write a book until I started reading PNR and urban fantasy. I guess the writer in me was waiting on the proper inspiration.

2. How long did it take you to write Eversworn?

I wrote Eversworn in about six weeks. It’s the longest of the three Daughters of Askara novels by quite a bit.

3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?

It depends. When I wrote the second Askara novel, Evermine, I had written up to 60k before I decided I was telling the wrong story. I scrapped it and started over from scratch. With Eversworn, I had a good idea of where the book was headed, and it practically wrote itself.

If I ever reach a point in a book where the characters or story aren’t working—whether it’s 6k or 60k—I’ll cut what doesn’t work and write until I get it right.

4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?

The fantasy section! I have to get my fix.

5. How many books in a month do you tend to read?

This varies wildly depending on my workload. In busy months, about four. In slower months (or big release months for my auto-buy authors), up to ten.

6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?

Hmm. That’s a tough one. Since I’m currently re-reading Moon Called (and I generally don’t re-read books), I’ll go with Mercy Thompson. She is my favorite heroine, hands down. I love Mercy because she’s so down to earth. She’s an average Joe, well, if average Joes were coyote shifters…

7. State 5 random facts about yourself.

1. I’m one of the few people I know who actually love to eat rice cakes.
2. I’m a middle child.
3. I’m addicted to pulled pork and the pursuit of barbeque perfection.
4. I’m a sucker for dachshunds.
5. I can write my name with my toes.

8. Your favorite Genre?

Fantasy.

9. What are you currently reading?

I’m re-reading Patricia Brigg’s Moon Called.

10. What is the best book you've read?

I have too many to pick just one. Though I can say the only series I’ve read (and loved) without exception is Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series.

11. Any new projects coming up?

I’m currently working on a novella set in the Araneae Nation world. Then it’s on to my next full-length project—the first book in a brand new series.

Here’s your chance to market your book. Describe it. And why readers should pick it up?


Eversworn is the third novel in the Daughters of Askara series. It focuses on Dillon, an Evanti demon we first met in Everlong, and a Sereian priestess named Isabeau. Eversworn is told from Isabeau’s point of view, and it’s the story of a woman’s mission to rescue her daughter, and her journey toward falling in love with the demon hell-bent to save them both.


Author Bio

Hailey is a wife turned mother turned writer, who loves her husband, her daughter and alone time with her computer. Whenever southern living strikes her as too ordinary, she can be found squinting at her monitor as she writes her next happily-ever-after or with her nose glued to her Kindle’s screen. Wings and/or cupcakes are usually involved…

She loves to hear from readers. Drop her a line.

You can also swing by her blog or subscribe to her newsletter for all her latest news.

Author Links

Website: http://haileyedwards.net/

Blog: http://haileyedwards.net/blog/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/authorhaileyedwards

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/HaileyEdwards

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3345773.Hailey_Edwards




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think