Friday, November 16, 2012
2012 BLI Holiday Reading Challenge
Today we are interrupting our usual Romance & Me feature to make a festive announcement.
It’s time to bring out the Christmas decorations, eggnog recipes and your holiday reading, because
the BLI Holiday Reading Challenge starts today!!!
Ready, steady, go!
You might remember the BLI Holiday Reading Challenge from last year, we read a lot of holiday set books, got in the festive mood and had tons of fun, so we thought why not do it this year as well, only amping the fun and prizes?
Truth be told as you may remember I’m a Christmas-aholic, so I’m counting back the days ’till the holidays from the moment January rolls around, so I was excited and impatient to finally start the challenge again!
So please join me in Book Lovers Inc’s second annual Holiday Reading Challenge! *throws confetti*
Here are the main rules, but don’t hesitate to ask if anything’s unclear:
1. The BLI Holiday Reading Challenge will start on November 14 and will end on December 31.
2. You can read as many holiday themed books for the challenge as you wish, pick your level:
Santa’s Helper: read 1-3 holiday themed books
Serial Mistletoe-er: read 4-6 holiday themed books
Candy Cane-aholic: read 7 or more holiday themed books – this is the level I’m aiming for!
3. The books you read for this challenge must all be holiday related books. The holiday doesn’t matter, it can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. and the story can have any connection to the holiday (for example set around Christmastime, or having Santa or an elf as a character, the cover being festive, featuring snowflakes, etc.).
4. The format, length or genre of the books do not matter, they can be ebooks, paperbacks, audiobooks, and short stories and novellas do count as well. It’s okay for the book to overlap with other challenges. The only thing is that they can’t be children’s books, but YA novels are good. Re-reads are also fine.
5. Start the challenge by signing up! Leave a link back to your challenge post in the linky below where you state your challenge level (and if you already know which books you’ll be reading a list as well).
If you don’t have a blog, no problem, you can still sign up with your name and e-mail address.
(There will be posts later where you can leave your links to your reviews and of course there will be a challenge wrap up post at the end).
6. And of course there will be prizes! There will be separate giveaways where you can win some holiday themed novels (the rules for those will be set out on the separate posts) and there will be the Grand Prize Giveaway: at the end of the challenge we will draw 3, yes THREE winners from all the review links. Meaning the more books you read, review and link up, the more chances you have at winning.
1st winner: shopping spree of $15 USD
2nd winner: shopping spree of $10 USD
3rd winner: shopping spree of $10 USD
of any holiday themed books at the Book Depository or the online ebook retailer of winner’s choice if they accept payment through Paypal.
And now that the rules are set, let’s start the challenge!
Here is our festive challenge button, feel free to display it on your blog or site, and we would be grateful if you spread the word, the more the merrier!