Thursday, June 10, 2010

Author Interview - Jackie Fullerton - Revenge Served Cold


Describe your book in five words or less. Daughter, father's ghost, solve murder.

How did the idea for Revenge Served Cold come to you? Revenge is a strong motive for murder. Some actions can cultivate a hatred that survives for years and brings a person to a breaking point. Ross never recovered from being jilted by Kathy. His hurt became an obsession. Inserting the knowledge of an abortion set everything into motion. From that point on, the story took a life of its own.




What is the hardest part of writing for you? What's the easiest? The hardest part is the dialogue. To really explore the depth of relationships, a lot of dialogue is required. The easiest part for me is the storyline. My imagination is always working.

What's next for you? Are you currently working on or have plans for future projects? I am currently working on the third book in the Anne Marshall series. I would like to do a few more since I have several more murders in mind and I feel the relationship between Anne and her father has not completely played itself out. After that, I want to get more into the occult. I love vampires.

What is one question that you've always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question? Is there any connection between you and Anne in real life. Yes. Anne is a reflection me in many ways from the part-time law student to the loyalty to her friends. The most important connection is with her father. Although my father is still living, we have an amazingly close relationship which I try to demonstrate throughout the story.

Jackie Fullerton
Author
Piercing the Veil,
Revenge Served Cold (5/1/2010)



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. This book is already on my TBR and Wish Lists! Nice interview--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think