Monday, December 30, 2013
Author Guest Post : Talking Dirty with the Boss by Jackie Ashenden
Six Things I'm Jealous of about a Winter Christmas.
Hi and thanks for having me on the blog. I'm still on Christmas vacation here in New Zealand and since Christmas is in summer for us, I thought I'd do a post about a few things I'm jealous of about a winter Christmas. I've only ever had two winter Christmases in my life and they were pretty special (I didn't get snow though, which was a disappointment to me).
1. No snow. Which means no snow angels, no tobogganing, no skating, no skiing.
2. It's too hot for a cosy fire, which means you don't get to curl up in front of it while you open your Christmas presents.
3. Mulled wine is nice but I suspect it would be even nicer if it was cold outside and not blazingly hot.
4. While we do have a traditional Christmas dinner - ie ham or turkey – it's still summer and hot, and being full is much more pleasant in winter. It's also not fun when you have to put on your swimming costume the day after all the Christmas cheer…
5. Because it doesn't get that cold in Auckland – even in winter – we don't often have fires in our houses. Which means no chimneys. And no mantelpieces to put your Christmas stocking on. And having Santa come in through the door or the window really isn't as exciting.
6. When it's cold and snowy you have more excuses to stay inside, curled up in front of the fire, reading your Christmas books. Unlike here, when it's sunny outside and everyone wants you to go do something and you don't have any excuses not to.
What about you? What was your most enjoyable Christmas? And did you ever have Christmas in the summer?
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo Books | All Romance | iTunes
About the Author:
Jackie has been writing fiction since she was eleven years old. Mild mannered fantasy/SF/pseudo-literary writer by day, obsessive romance writer by night, she used to balance her writing with the more serious job of librarianship until a chance meeting with another romance writer prompted her to throw off the shackles of her day job and devote herself to the true love of her heart – writing romance. She particularly likes to write dark, emotional stories with alpha heroes who’ve just got the world to their liking only to have it blown wide apart by their kick-ass heroines.
She lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband, the inimitable Dr Jax, two kids, two cats and some guppies (possibly dead guppies by the time you read this). When she’s not torturing alpha males and their stroppy heroines, she can be found drinking chocolate martinis, reading anything she can lay her hands on, posting random crap on her blog, or being forced to go mountain biking with her husband.
Jackie’s Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway