Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year-Long Memoir Reading Challenge



January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013

What is a "year-long memoir" anyway?

My definition of a year-long memoir is a memoir in which the author has undertaken some task or goal or virtue to pursue for an entire year, then written a book about his or her experience.

Why a reading challenge?

Why not? I like a good challenge.

What are the "rules" of the challenge?

1. Choose memoirs to read.
2. Read them.
3. Write a short review or your own reflective piece on what you read.

Who can join in?

Anyone! Just let me know if you're interested, email me or leave a comment, and I can add you to this blog. It's a group effort.

Do I have to have my own blog for this challenge?

Nope. Just a Google or Blogger account for me to add you.

How many books are allowed? Is there a minimum?

No. You can set a goal to read from 1 to 500...

Can I join this group blog?

Yes you can! Do you have to? Not if you don't want to.

What if I want to read a memoir that isn't a "year-long" memoir?

I don't mind, as long as it's a memoir or autobiography.

For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.

1 William L Finley: Photographer and Conservationist by Denise & Daniel Ankele (ebook)
2 Carrie and Me by Carol Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think