Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Review & Interview: 70 Meals, One Trip to the Store by Kelly Donlea




Title: 70 Meals, One Trip to the Store
Author: Kelly Donlea
Genre: Cookbook

Challenges: 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, Read and Review Challenge 2010, Read Your Own Books 2010, TBR Challenge 2010, Reading From My Shelves Project 2010, 100 + Reading Challenge, Pages Read 2010, A to Z challenge,

Rating: 4/5
No. of Pages: 65
Published:


Back Cover: With 70 Meals, One Trip to the Store, you will learn how to stock your pantry with a small and streamlined list of ingredients that will allow you to make dinner night after night without a trip to the store.

For more shortcuts, solutions and meals palling tools that bring organization to your life and good food to your table, visit the website Organizing Dinner

Mine: I just wish I had more to cook for (just my mother and I). The great thing about this book is the simple recipes, but very doable for a family even with picky eaters. The recipe that best to me are the Stuffed Bell Peppers, which I miss eating. I did try the Lemon Honey Chicken which were delicious (if I do say so myself).

I think this is a great book to give as a gift to give to the busy mother, to help from making dinner time so hectic.

Here is her interview:

Describe your book in five words or less
Dinner success for life

How did the idea for the 70 Meals, One Trip to the Store come to you?
I was tired of needing different ingredients from the store every night when I went to make dinner -- and having a hard time getting to the store with a toddler.

What is the hardest part of writing for you? What's the easiest?
Creating new recipes is a joy and a breeze for me. Editing and proofing my own work is a near-impossible combination of second-guessing, and creative block.

What's next for you? Are you currently working on or have plans for future projects?
I have a salads cookbook that is nearly complete, as well as a lite ingredients book and a deserts book based on the 70 Meals, One Trip to the Store concept in the works.

Why did you choose to write a cookbook?
Writing was my profession, and cooking was my passion. At the same time, I found I had really good ideas, and a knack for putting ingredients together. The cookbook was a natural progression. I believe sharing sensible cooking tips is what I am meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think