Monday, March 14, 2011

Author Interview - A Life of Integrity by Trish Knight



Describe your book in five words or less.
Daily living through integrity.

How did the ideas for your books come to you?
As a consultant and college instructor, I have had the opportunity to observe people and hear their stories through the years. Many issues centered on a perception of doing what is right in both the workplace and personal relationships. Through the years I saw a shift in the way people perceived what once were considered gray areas. Instead of saying, “This is right, that is wrong,” the statements became, “If it gets me the sale,” or “If it doesn’t really hurt someone...”

What is the hardest part of writing for you? What's the easiest?
I need to have a cause, a purpose to write. The hardest part of writing for me is the research. It is important to me that the information I share comes from reliable and trusted sources. Once the information is gathered, I find the writing easy. That doesn’t mean that it always comes out on paper as I’d like...I had a book nearly done and didn’t like the way it flowed, so I started again.

What's next for you? Are you currently working on or have plans for future
projects?

I am working on a companion book to “A Life of Integrity” that will focus on how and why we perceive information and make the choices that impact our lives and others.

Why did you choose to write for specific genre?
I’m an educator at heart. I want to provide information to help others improve their lives. I suppose it’s a nurturing thing, as well. I want others to avoid making some of the mistakes I’ve made in life.

What's it like hearing that readers are eagerly awaiting your book's release date?
It is humbling to know that all the preparation, research and insight that I’ve put into words are welcome and anticipated.

What is one question that you've always wanted to be asked in an interview? Howwould you answer that question?
“Who inspired you to become a writer?” I believe that there have been many to fit the “who” question. My father inspired me to share my opinion on important issues. As a youngster, I watched him write letters to legislators and business people and share his thoughts. Many of my teachers encouraged reading and writing throughout my elementary and secondary education. As an adult, I loved the challenge of writing in business. I’ve had many mentors in the business world that helped me define my writing style.

What was your road to publications like?
Initially, I made a poor choice and had an expensive and disappointing lesson with a print-on-demand company. I was handed off from one department representative to another through the process. At each step I would ask how we would determine the number of books to print, but received a “don’t worry about that” response. I became wary of the vagueness and began to demand specific answers. I finally pulled out of the process and terminated the work with them.

When I met and talked to 2Moon Press, I knew I had found the right fit for me. I had access to one person who could walk me through the entire process and answer my questions. They have done more than I expected and continue to work on the promotion and distribution of my book.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting my book in your blog. I would love to answer any questions you or your readers have about the topic.
    Trish K Knight
    www.trishkknight.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think