Thursday, September 27, 2012

Release Day Blitz/Author Interview : Under the Desert Moon by Emma Meade


Little Blurb about yourself:
My name is Emma Meade. I live in Cork, Ireland and I read, write, watch and breathe paranormal fiction.



1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?
I’ve always been an avid reader. My grandparents would read to me out of a big, old book of fairytales when I was a child. Then I consumed Enid Blyton as a preteen, followed by the Point Horror series, Sweet Valley Twins, Virginia Andrews and Anne Rice. Reading allowed me to live in so many different worlds that I had to go and create my own.



2. How long did it take you to write Under the Desert Moon?
Under the Desert Moon took a few months to finish the first draft and then years to fully edit and publish. It’s been a long road, but definitely worth it.



3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?
Over and over again until I want to rip my hair out.



4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?
The teenage section, now the Twilight section! And the horror/paranormal shelves which contain authors like Charlaine Harris, Anne Rice and Stephen King.



5. How many books in a month do you tend to read?
Maybe 5 or 6.




6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?
Very hard to choose. Nick from Stephen King’s The Stand is always someone I enjoy spending time with. He’s brave, decent, intelligent and kind. He faces a huge challenge physically every day, yet never thinks of giving up.

7. State 5 random facts about yourself.
I like dunking biscuits in Barry’s tea (an Irish brand).
I’ve been to Amsterdam twice.
I have three sisters and no brothers.
Visiting New Orleans is on my bucket list.
I like going to psychics/fortune tellers.


8. Your favorite Genre?
Paranormal.


9. What are you currently reading?
Just finished reading The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes. I couldn’t put it down. Charming, funny, heart-wrenching.


10. What is the best book you've read?
Can’t choose just one, but The Stand by Stephen King would be near the top of the list.

11. Any new projects coming up?
I’m working on Night Whispers, another vampire novel set in London, but for an older audience.

Here’s your chance to market your book. Describe it. And why readers should pick it up?
Under the Desert Moon is a teenage coming-of-age story that features my very own bad boy, vampire, James Linkin. James swaggers into Copperfield, Arizona with the rest of the cast and crew for the movie they’re shooting, Kiss of the Vampire. Small town girl, Erin Harris is one of the few left unimpressed by his arrogance. James is going to have to work a little harder than usual if he wants to win Erin over. Read it for pure escapism.


Under the Desert Moon
By Emma Meade

Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: Soul Fire Press

ISBN: 9780985243166

Number of pages: Paperback 205
Word Count: Approx 50,000

Soul Fire Press

Book Description:

17 year old Erin Harris spends her time daydreaming, hoping to escape her small town life in Copperfield, Arizona. When a movie crew arrives unexpectedly to shoot a vampire film over the summer, Erin’s small town world changes forever.

Erin is positive she has seen the star, James Linkin before in a thirty year old TV show. He hasn’t aged a day. How is this possible? Erin is determined to find out, but how will James handle the scrutiny of an all too intelligent teenage girl?



Author Bio:




Emma Meade lives in rainy Ireland. She loves vampires, slayers, witches, ghosts, aliens & shadow men (or at least the youngest of the Shadow Men), and regular people who live extraordinary lives (think Slayerettes and you’re on the right track).

Books, DVDS & TV show boxsets take up lots of space in her home, and she collects all the Point Horror books she can get her hands on.

Writing supernatural short stories and watching marathon re-runs of Buffy are some of her favourite ways of escaping reality.

Author Website

Blog

Goodreads Author Page

Goodreads book page

Facebook

Amazon Author Page

Twitter




1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by - please let me know what you think