Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Author Interview: SURRENDER by Rhiannon Paille
1. Who or what inspired you to become a writer?
I was kicked out of English class in Grade 6. After one of those standardized tests, I was told they couldn’t teach me more, and when English class was happening, I was sent to the library to do “creative writing.” I began writing stories and never stopped.
2. How long did it take you to write (title of book you're promoting)?
Too long! I began it in 2006 and finished the first draft in 2009.
3. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?
Only twice, because I always had a plan in my head.
4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?
Young Adult section. I guess because that’s where the good stuff is.
5. How many books in a month do you tend to read?
I used to get through 10 a month, then this year book stuff had me too busy so I managed 6 a month, and now in 2013, I am really only planning 1 a month.
6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?
Oh this is a hard one! I loved Sam from The Wolves of Mercy Falls. He was such a sad, beautiful and broken boy.
7. State 5 random facts about yourself.
I can sing.
I live in the slurpee capital of the world.
I’m a Gilmore Girls fan.
I’ve been broke and in the middle of nowhere.
I have no idea how to change a flat tire.
8. Your favorite Genre?
I don’t have one. I flip between paranormal romance, contemporary and fantasy.
9. What are you currently reading?
10. What is the best book you've read?
I can’t answer that, there’s too many good ones!
11. Any new projects coming up?
I decided to write a YA Contemporary in the vein of Beautiful Disaster and Pushing the Limits.
Here’s your chance to market your book. Describe it. And why readers should pick it up?
If anyone is still reading this interview . . . you should buy Surrender because it’s a pretty love story with a tragic ending.
About the Author:
Rhi was never a normal girl. Her life was an urban fantasy wrapped in a paranormal romance and served with a side of horror. To escape her everyday weirdness she began writing fantasy. She studied at U of Sedona and MIMT, obtaining a PhD in Metaphysical Science and Parapsychology. She’s married to a chef/comic book shop owner and she has a fondness for architecture. She frequents twitter and facebook, but if you really want to get to know her you should visit her site: www.yafantasyauthor.com
Where you can find author Rhiannon Paille: